Wikimedia Foundation/Operating principles
- The Foundation's role is to execute on priorities agreed with the Board of Trustees.
- The Foundation's role is to support and build on the successes of the community; it should not initiate new content projects or be responsible for turning around unsuccessful projects.
- The Foundation's job includes active efforts to mitigate risks to Wikimedia's long term value.
- The Foundation will continue to maintain a lean staff focused on the "1%" of effort that the community needs fulfilled by a paid staff.
- The Foundation will systematically capture and use data (including surveys/feedback from the community to make decisions and iterate on its approaches to accomplishing priorities.)
- Foundation staff will integrate and actively manage effective partnerships with volunteers in getting their work done (a critical skill of staff needs to be volunteer management)
- The Foundation should support innovation via structured spaces for innovation outside of the strategic plan.