|Please bear in mind that this discussion relates to the use of quotations on all Wikimedia projects.|
Existing local policies
- de.wikiquote.org: de:q:Wikiquote:Persönlichkeitsrechtsverletzung
- All quotes must be correct. Therefore they must have a verifiable source.
- Quotations must not have a character of w:defamation
- Quotations that shed a negative light on a person need to by widely spread in order to be cited.
- en.wikiquote.org: en:q:Wikiquote:Quotes by living persons (draft policy)
- q:it:Aiuto:Fonti: all new quotations must have a source to be verifiable and reliable (previous unsourced quotations can be challenged and removed);
- q:it:Wikiquote:Wikiquote: all quotations must be significant and relevant according to a neutral point of view (q:it:Wikiquote:Punto di vista neutrale, m:Neutral point of view on Wikiquote), to not give a a distorted perspective on the subject; relevance should be demonstrable with secondary sources which mention the quotation (q:it:Wikiquote:Niente ricerche originali, no original research).
- it.wikipedia.org adopted some piece of policy from it.quote: w:it:Wikipedia:Citazioni: all quotations must be sourced, unsourced quotations from living people are likely to be immediately removed.
- zh.wikiquote.org: zh:q:维基语录:生者語錄