Task Force Name:Community Health
Report of Activities
During this week, we:
- Task force/Community Health/Recommendation evaluation See talk page for task force discussion about evaluating recommendations.
- Reviewing general information and academic studies about organizational conflict resolution with particular focus on methods used volunteer organizations.
- Reading list:
- Three Models of Conflict Resolution: Effects on Intergroup Expectancies and Attitudes.
- Psych files-Conflict resolution. (Intergroup Conflict and Cooperation: The Robbers Cave Experiment. How group bias effects conflicts).
- Conflict in Cyberspace
- John Suler's The Psychology of Cyberspace
- Identity Management in Cyberspace
- Review article about on line communities:
- Kept up with activities of colleagues on recent changes and suchlike, contributing to discussions.
- With JCravens, added significantly to the draft of Task_force/Recommendations/Community_health_1 on volunteer recognition (previously 'rewards and awards').
- I may do some work tonight but the pressures of Christmas are now with me, buying/wrapping gifts etc, so I may be even less active, if not entirely absent, after today until early in the new year. My health continues to affect (effect?, I can never get that right) my productivity.
- From all our different brainstorms, I helped put together a table of nine basic ideas for recommendations. Thanks everyone for helping to narrow them down. We're already down to six. Maybe we will be down to even fewer. But this is sufficient to continue our work.
Planned activities for next week
Please be specific and aggressive. It is okay to roll activities from week to week if necessary.
- As I say, I may be absent next week. But the primary thing I want to do is write up a draft recommendation on social features. --Bodnotbod 18:11, 21 December 2009 (UTC)
- Based on the list that we have narrowed down, I'm going to start pushing very hard on all of them. Not sure where I'll start. But this will be fun. Randomran 23:54, 22 December 2009 (UTC)
- As I committed on conflict management (Recommendation 3) and on involvement of the Dutch wikipedia in recognition and rewards (Recommendation 1), that'll be my task for now. I'll try to catch up with literature. - Art Unbound 01:42, 24 December 2009 (UTC)
To complete our work, this task force needs the following resources or assistance:
This week, this task force wishes to recognize for their assistance the following users:
Our notes or documentation can be found at: