Regarding an edit
Regarding this edit; I'm a little concerned about the use of the word "vandalism" here. Clearly, it's incomplete. But it's just as clearly not vandalism. No edit made in good faith is ever vandalism. For the purposes of this wiki and to create a collaborative work space, we're giving folks a substantial amount of time to complete proposals - so even if all they get is the title one day and a section a couple of days later, that's okay. One of the earliest tenant of wiki work was the you could "do a little, save it, and someone else would do a little more". We're trying to encourage that type of collaboration again.
I appreciate your help and all that you've done around the wiki - please, though, be careful with the word "vandalism". It's quite emotionally charged. -- Philippe 14:09, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
- Putting the empty page with the header only does not look for me like a valuable contribution and I would just drop them. They consume time if anybody tries to look into all proposals one by one, as I recently did. But of course I see no big sense to argue if you want to leave these pages. Audriusa 14:21, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
Regarding "Applets as video and audio player does not look for me convincible, maybe better not." -> they are already used as fallback mode for browsers which don't support open source codecs... e.g: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B6biusband (video on the right) - mbien
- Ok, convinced, putting back. Audriusa 06:31, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
|It's time to answer some questions! Would you check out the list of questions that were submitted by the community and others and try to answer some? -- Philippe 01:20, 22 October 2009 (UTC)|
Next steps (again)
Thanks for all of your contributions to the strategy wiki to date! The strategic planning process wouldn't be where it is today without all of your help. Your early and frequent support was invaluable, and I want you to know how much of a difference that you made. I hope you'll continue to work towards finishing the plan...
We're about to move into the third and final phase of the process, and in many ways, this will be the most challenging. I'm hoping you will continue to be an active presence in shaping the movement's five year strategic plan.
Here are some concrete suggestions as to how you can help moving forward:
- Add your name to Strategic Planning:Hosts. This just formalizes what I think has been true all along; that you care about this process, and that you're doing what you can to help it along moving forward.
- Help organize and improve this wiki! Starting next week (January 18, 2010), we're going to be encouraging many more people to come participate, and we want to make sure this wiki is as presentable as possible. A comprehensive list of things to do is at Strategic Planning:To-do list.
- Invite people to participate! Encourage volunteers to discuss Task force/Recommendations.
- Finally, we need to clearly describe what this final phase is going to look like. In particular, we could use feedback and discussion on Strategic Planning:Decision-Making.
Let me know what you think! Many, many thanks! ~Philippe 01:02, 12 January 2010 (UTC)